Founded in 1987, SupplyCore Inc. is a supply chain integrator with 33 years of experience managing complex contracts in support of the DoD, GSA, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Department of State (DoS), the military services, and foreign governments.
Customer: “Where’s my stuff?!”
As a supply chain integrator to the U.S. military, federal agencies, and allied governments around the world, SupplyCore supports customers who have highly complex procurement processes. Nearly 100% of the orders are custom, non-catalog items. The order capture, sourcing, and fulfillment processes may span across several months and involve multiple parties, application systems, a government oversight entity, and observance of numerous rules of governance.
Hence, the status of the quote/order at any point in time is incredibly difficult to ascertain when the customer asks this question. As a result, the sales team is often engaged in long calls with the customer to explain the order status, reasons if it is delayed, and when to expect delivery.
In order to deliver the best customer service possible, SupplyCore wanted to proactively provide the information the customer seeks. Their goal was to empower customers with digital capabilities, so they can complete their work as efficiently and as effectively as possible:
- Customer accounts management
- Request for quote (RFQ)
- Facilitate the back-and-forth communications typically involved for a custom order
- Real-time negotiation and approvals
- Status of the quote/order from creation until its final delivery (and returns)
In the backend, build real-time integrations to connect the various systems and parties.
Deployment of a modern B2B digital commerce platform for SupplyCore’s customers:
- Visual, intuitive customer interface to show the order status
- Able to support all the complexities of custom orders 100% online
- Asynchronous communications between the customer and the agent from within the order context at the most complex states
- Enabled SupplyCore to retire legacy applications
Reduced time-to-market and development cost by leveraging the same platform for multiple business functions:
- Launched a Covid19-specific site at the beginning of the pandemic to help customers procure PPE
- Constructed a new site to support a different line of business, GSA, in less than 90 days
- Provided CRM functionality and built-in integrations to enhance sales team execution